European banks must open certain interfaces also to other operators in September, at the latest. The reason for this is the PSD2 payment services directive entered into force at the beginning of 2018. Asiakastieto has been building a service, where Enfuce Financial Services Oy is a technical partner. Through Suomen Asiakastieto’s service both banks themselves and third parties can access certain bank data with the consumer’s consent.
The new service will bring a radical reform to consumer customers, who can give their consent for accessing their information, if they so wish. The service is also created for the needs of bank and credit granting clients.
– The service opens a connection to all banks and credit grantors reliably and safely through one integration. Its objective is to offer means to calculate the payment ability of consumer customers even more reliably than before, tells Reetta Sinelampi, Suomen Asiakastieto’s business development manager.
The service will also be an answer to the companies’ need to operate more responsibly.
– We wish to provide to our client companies possibilities to invest in responsibility. Over indebtedness is no longer an occasional trend, but a multinational problem. The PSD2 payment services directive offers our client companies an opportunity to get more detailed information on their consumer customers, Sinelampi says.
– With the new data we can calculate the payment ability more accurately and we can understand, for example, the relative debt-equity ratio. Our clients can get a new type of income and payment ability information, which cannot be accessed at the moment. Knowing the available funds is both a legislative and regulatory demand, which our clients must fulfil.
The consumers act as a captain in the process and determine the use of and access to their data by giving the consent. For example, it will be considerably easier for consumers applying for credit in the future, when they can give a reliable credit grantor their consent to view the account information directly from the bank.
Reliable and safe service
The service adheres strictly to the authority regulations. This is of utmost importance, when personal information of consumer customers is concerned.
– The service combines the best sides of Asiakastieto and Enfuce and it is responsible with respect to both the bank and consumer and the party utilising the data. It conforms to all regulations so that the clients do not get into difficulties for utilising a new type of account data, Monika Liikamaa, chairperson of the Board of Directors and one of Enfuce’s founders emphasizes.
Six clients are involved in the building of the service together with Asiakastieto. When the interfaces open by September, we will be ready to proceed with the service.
– Our customers have invited us to the table, since the aggregating of account data and deducting from the data requires a reliable status. As an established operator we understand what the service means to different parties, Sinelampi outlines.
– We want to be ready in advance, because our clients are planning their processes for receiving the new data already now. A service that has been designed and prepared together is best suited for the market’s needs.
Asiakastieto Group is one of the leading providers of digital business and consumer information services in the Nordic countries. The Group’s products and services are primarily used for risk management, finance and administration, decision-making and sales and marketing purposes. We are operating in Finland under the brand Suomen Asiakastieto and in Sweden under the brand UC. Our pro forma annual net sales for 2018 was EUR 134 million and the number of employees was approximately 450. The Group serves several industries, the largest ones including finance and banking as well as wholesale and retail sectors and expert service companies. Asiakastieto Group is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki with the ticker ATG1V. More information about Asiakastieto Group is available at www.asiakastieto.fi and www.uc.se.
Enfuce Financial Services Oy is a technology company offering IT services globally to banks, fintechs and other operators in the financial field. The services include a credit and payment card platform, and interface services in compliance with the PSD2 payment services directive. Enfuce is a forerunner in its field, and the first operator in the world certified by the Financial Supervisory Authority who runs its services in the public cloud. The company was established in 2016, and it has won several awards in its field. The company is growing strongly; the net sales amounted to 4.1 million euros in 2018, and it has 45 employees in Finland, Sweden, Great Britain and Spain. www.enfuce.com